Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Bag Design






Here is the new handbag style. It's something that I worked on for awhile, I know it looks simple enough but it took me awhile to get it just right. After doing 5 of these babes the bias is looking much better. not that it was terrible before. But the process is much smoother and less time consuming then at first.

Now I am on to some comp book covers. They are fun and easy, I need a brain break before I start another "new" project. I do have another handbag style coming soon. It's actually a draft from the new Vandie bag that didn't work out. I wanted a bag with a pleated top and I think this is the one!

Hopefully more aprons are on the way as well! Lots of ideas in my head that need to be created!

If you are in the East Nashville area next Sunday Sept 7th stop by the Lipstick Lounge on Woodland for the CRAFT event and say HI. You will be able to see the new Vandie bag as well as the new Sweet Tweets.

For those not in the area I am listing in my etsy shop as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i heart the new bag.
As for your bias tape query, I think you should buy the basic colors and handmade the specialty. It seems like a lot of work for something people may not know to appreciate.

see you next weekend :)

  said...

Hi Kim! If I am not busy next Sunday I might stop by the craft fair and hopefully get to meet you. I will write it down on my calendar. Good luck...hope you sell a lot!!
Mary