Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hand painted Owl Bag






Here is a WIP involving paints, an owl and some free motion stitching. So far so good....I still am a little uncomfortable painting and always think I've ruined it as soon as I start painting. Then the free motion stitching is a whole other story. I know with time and practice it'll get better. But it does have that wonky style, don't you think? Part of the charm? Actually I am having fun but wish the stitches were a little more consistent.....any tips?

I know once it all goes together no one will notice the stitching. It's funny I'm always telling a friend of mine don't worry about the stitches, it's your style. I guess this may be my style as well???

I'll post more when the bag is complete. You can see the back and interior fabrics that will be used for the lining in the overall picture. I want to do a beaded handle for this one, it's just telling me that right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!
Love the colors, the sewing and yes the painting

Mandy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Maria said...

Your creations are just awesome!!! I really love your bags - in particular the owl bag!

Merylu
PetiteFraise